Senior Business Analyst
Location: Cambridge (UK) + International Travel (Africa)
Reporting Line: Head of Finance Innovation, with dotted line to CFO
Join a team that is making a difference!
Azuri is paving the way in delivering next-generation energy to Africa, helping the 600 million in Sub-Saharan Africa without access to main electricity to generate affordable, clean and reliable energy for their homes.
Azuri uniquely combines cutting-edge solar innovation, mobile payment technology and machine-learning technology into a small, affordable systems specially designed for off-grid homes currently disadvantaged by remote distances and lack of grid access. Customers have a stand-alone solar system in their house, with a panel, control unit including batteries and consumer devices such as LED lights, rechargeable radio and television.
Our pay-as-you-go model enables customers to pay in small increments they can afford and once fully paid, the system is owned by the household and all power generated is free of charge to them. Azuri has already delivered systems for over 150,000 homes and changed nearly a million lives in the process. Adoption of pay-as-you-go solar is growing rapidly and over 2 million people in Africa now benefit from this technology.
Our company and solar systems are award-winning. Azuri was recently named in the Global CleanTech 100 list and has collected numerous awards including the Edison Gold Award and UN Climate Solutions Award for its innovative technology.
Azuri’s vision is to create a level playing field where all African consumers can access and benefit from modern services and digital world wherever they live.
Your role in the team
As our Senior Business Analyst, you will be part of the growing Analytics team, and find innovative business solutions to help Azuri continue to scale quickly and profitably, as well as solve operational challenges along the way.
You will review various business processes, such as customer on-boarding, field logistics, process outsourcing, and propose improvements based on rigorous analysis. Using both internal and external data sources, you will develop business cases for a variety of strategic initiatives all along the pay-as-you-go value chain to improve performance. You will work with our Software Team to provide business requirements for automating new processes.
– Business Analysis: Understand business questions and hypotheses, conduct analysis of existing processes & systems through observation, interviews, data analysis and provide insights to stakeholders.
– Process Redesign: Prototype new processes or business improvements, specify and manage projects for successful implementation, collect data & feedback on performance, support roll-out changes to multiple countries.
– KPI Reporting: Assist in identifying and delivering on KPI reporting capabilities. Take reporting asks from idea to implementation, including prototyping. Communicate complex metrics in a visually intuitive manner to business users.
– Market Intelligence: Keep up with market developments, including competitor dynamics, and prepare business cases for the introduction of new product and services, including associated costs and revenue potential.
– Forensic analysis skill of business process productivity / revenues / costs
– Expert Excel user, advanced modelling of company processes / financials
– Experience with data analytics tools (e.g. SQL / Python / R / PowerBI) preferred
– 2-5 years strategy consulting / micro-finance / distribution experience
– Engineering / Science / Maths / Economics Bachelor or Master’s degree
– MBA / PhD preferred
– Cambridge, expectation of occasional travel, primarily in Africa.
Contact us today
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Azuri seeks to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we are open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
If you want a career within a team that’s making a difference, email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter.
Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.