Reliability and Test Development Engineer
Location: Cambridge (UK) + International Travel (Asia & Africa)
Reporting Line: VP Product Development
Package: £DOE + 8% pension contribution + 25 days’ vacation
Join a team that is making a difference!
Azuri is paving the way in delivering next-generation energy to Africa to help the 600 million in Sub-Saharan Africa without access to main electricity to generate affordable, clean and reliable energy for their homes.
Azuri uniquely combines cutting-edge solar innovation, mobile payment technology and machine-learning technology into a small, affordable systems specially designed for off-grid homes currently disadvantaged by remote distances and lack of grid access. Customers have a stand-alone solar system in their house, with a panel, control unit including batteries and consumer devices such as LED lights, rechargeable radio and television.
Our pay-as-you-go model enables customers to pay in small increments they can afford and once fully paid, the system is owned by the household and all power generated is free of charge to them. Azuri has already delivered systems for over 150,000 homes and changed nearly a million lives in the process. Adoption of pay-as-you-go solar is growing rapidly and over 2 million people in Africa now benefit from this technology.
Our company and solar systems are award-winning. Azuri was recently named in the Global CleanTech 100 list and has collected numerous awards including the Edison Gold Award and UN Climate Solutions Award for its innovative technology.
Azuri’s vision is to create a level playing field where all African consumers can access and benefit from modern services and digital world wherever they live.
Your role in the team
Azuri takes pride in engineering and delivering high quality robust products. With a growing product we have an opportunity for a Reliability and Test Development Engineer in the Product Development team. The role is to lead the development of reliability plans and test solutions for all stages of the product development, validation, manufacture and post-launch support for our Solar Home Systems and associated appliances, such as TVs, Radios and Irrigation Pumps.
You will be working closely with the UK based Product Development team, and where appropriate with our Far East manufacturing partner and suppliers, and Africa-based technical support staff.
Successful candidates will be motivated team players with a demonstrated ability to rise to challenges in a dynamic and rapidly evolving work environment, tempered with the maturity to create robust solutions and be committed to making a difference to people’s lives.
– In conjunction with the Product Development team define and specify reliability plans and test system requirements for all stages of the product life cycle: development, verification, manufacture and post-launch product support.
– Design, build and commission test equipment.
– Execute formal design validation tests and compile reports.
– Keep abreast of Lighting Global test requirements and verify that products conform prior to Type Approval testing.
– Build-up Azuri’s overall test capability for Environmental, Electrical, Durability and Performance Characterisation testing
– Hands on! We are a small company so everyone has to be engaged.
– Degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Sciences or a related discipline
– 2/3 years’ experience of product reliability, product test or similar role.
– Good knowledge of electrical test and measurement methods
– Sound technical skills including:
– Ability to design/analyse electronic circuits at the schematic and PCB level
– Ability to define basic mechanical solutions for test equipment
– Familiarity with micro-controllers
– Ability to program in C, C# and ladder logic
– Experience of working with structured problem solving methodologies, such as 8D, and working within systems such as ISO9001, TS16949, etc.
– Self-starter with excellent technical and problem solving skills with the capability to rapidly grasp the basics of new tools and processes.
– Attention to detail and commitment to quality
– Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we are open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
If you fit the above job description, please email email@example.com with a CV and Cover Letter. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.