Marketing and Administration Assistant
Location: Cambridge (UK)
Reporting Line: Office Manager
Package: £DOE + 8% pension contribution + 25 days’ vacation
Join a team that is making a difference!
Azuri is paving the way in delivering next-generation solar technology to the 600 million in Sub-Saharan Africa without access to electricity so that households can generate affordable, clean and reliable energy for their homes and families.
Azuri uniquely combines cutting-edge solar innovation, mobile payment technology and machine-learning technology into a small, affordable systems specially designed for off-grid homes currently disadvantaged by remote distances and lack of grid access. Customers have a stand-alone solar system in their house, with a panel, control unit including batteries and consumer devices such as LED lights, rechargeable radio and television.
Azuri’s vision is to create a level playing field where all African consumers can access and benefit from modern services and digital world wherever they live.
Our company and solar systems are award-winning. Azuri was most recently named in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100 list of fastest-growing British companies.
Your role in the team
We are seeking an Assistant Administrator to undertake general office administration and reception duties. You will be working closely with the Office Manager in the day-to-day management of the office.
As part of a small but growing team in Cambridge, you will also be working closely with people from all departments and become the go-to person that ensures the office is running smoothly. No two days will be the same, so enthusiasm and the ability to learn and adapt quickly are essential.
As part of the role you will also be supporting the Marketing Department with social media content creation and distribution. You will also be supporting the Head of Marketing with online award applications. There is scope for you to support additional marketing activities as you settle into the role.
At Azuri, we look to nurture skills and help people develop within the company.
– Reception duties including dealing with visitors and deliveries
– Sorting and processing mail and post
– Responding to enquiry emails
– Stocktaking and ordering supplies weekly
– Booking travel and accommodation
– Greeting visitors and preparation of meeting rooms (inc. arranging coffee’s etc.)
– Monitoring the company social media accounts
– Helping to compose and upload social media content.
– Assisting departments with desk research
– Helping with award submissions
– Maintaining accurate and up to date data for the group and its employees.
– Ensuring a tidy office environment
– Other ad-hoc requests as required
– BTEC Level 2 in Business or equivalent experience
– Confident with all Microsoft Office packages
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Knowledge and experience in using various Social Media Platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.)
– Extremely organised
– Ability to prioritise a changing to-do list
– Excellent attention to details
– Social media savvy
– An interest in marketing
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we are open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
If you fit the above job description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and Cover Letter. Please be advised that we can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.