About Azuri Technologies
Azuri Technologies Ltd is an award-winning company operating in Cambridge and Sub-Saharan Africa. We develop, manufacture and deliver a revolutionary Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) Solar Power Service that transforms the lives of off-grid consumers. Currently, over 150,000 off-grid rural households rely on Azuri solar home systems and are experiencing the economic, social, and health benefits that access to clean, reliable electricity offers.
Our product and technology solutions extend from solar charging, high-efficiency lighting, low energy appliances and smartphone-based field tools, through to end-to-end network solutions, mobile communications and payment processing, backend server infrastructure and cloud-based analytical tools which support delivery of the Pay-As-You-Go service.
With a total market of 600 million in Sub-Saharan Africa, the strategic expansion of our product range beyond lighting and mobile phone charging, coupled with the growth of the business is creating new opportunities within our team in Cambridge. This includes a new Product Manager role focused on bringing to market the next generation of high quality, energy efficient appliances for use with our Solar Home Systems including Radios, TVs, Irrigation Pumps, Torches, Fans, etc.
Head of Distribution Delivery
Reporting to: EA Distribution Director
Azuri Technologies Ltd. headquartered in the United Kingdom is a leading provider of PayGo solar power systems for rural off-grid customers. Azuri has operations in 5 countries in sub-Saharan Africa deploying small home lighting systems to rural users. The PayGo business model transforms the affordability of entry-level power for our customers and adoption is growing rapidly.
Azuri is now actively developing products that move up the ‘energy escalator’ starting with PayGo TV using solar, combined with satellite/Digital TV equipment and content packages. To date, the company delivered more than 150,000 pay as you go solar power systems and is continuing to grow aggressively.
The Head of Distribution Delivery owns the distribution support function, as well as related day-to-day operational tasks and in coordination with the EA Distribution Director, is responsible for consistent strategy execution across assigned distribution partners. The Head of Distribution Delivery’s key responsibility is the commercial and financial success of the distribution partners, enabled by ensuring that all financial and commercial partner activities are delivered against set Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) in a cost-effective manner that is continuously monitored, evaluated and shared with the EA Distribution Director, GM EA and Cambridge (Azuri HQ).
The Head of Distribution Delivery is the principal analyst for all operational, financial and reporting KPIs between Azuri Technologies and our EA distribution partners. The position may require up to 50% travel within Africa but is based in Nairobi, Kenya.
– Distribution and Operations Data and Financial Management
– Financial analysis of distributor performance including unit cost economics, cost stack, and cash flows
– Modelling, Measurement & Evaluation and Financial analysis of pilots, partner experiments and initiatives
– Application of grants and financing support for distributors
– Agent remuneration schemes for distributors
– Cost optimisation support for distributors
– Assist distribution partners with bankable business plans for their financing needs.
– Support E.A Distribution Director in formulating cost optimisation initiatives
– Regularly travel to the field to audit implemented “Ways of Work”
Strategy, Process and Tools Development
– Ad hoc project management support for EA Distribution Director
– The development and adoption of commercial distributor strategies, processes and ensure aligned to the overall Azuri strategy.
– Efficiency and continuous improvement of partner commercial and financial activities and sales operations processes.
– Regular sales forecasting, target fixing, performance reviews and development of partner staff scorecards.
– Regular monitoring and reporting of distribution partners performance to the SMT
– Competitor analysis and reporting
– Regular analysis of the success of marketing campaigns and activations in target areas
– Assisting the EA Distribution Director in developing and implementing a seamless and effective RTM including stockists and reverse logistics
– The development and improvement of policies and processes across distribution partners in the EA market
– Participation in and contribution to regular SMT/Board meetings for alignment with the OD, EA, and GM EA
Marketing and Business Development
– Regularly represent Azuri and the Azuri Development Thesis at stakeholder events and exhibitions
– Assist the Business Development Manager to implement and operationalise new initiatives, pilots, and programs with the distributor.
– Partner profitability
– Delivery of partner KPIs i.e Utilisation, Sales targets and OOC management
– Timely delivery of channel pay calculations and payment
– Agent remuneration analysis and payment
– Distribution partner sales staff scorecards
– Partner P&L achievement within an agreed budget
– Degree in economics, business, or related field and MBA added advantage
– 5+ years’ work experience as Finance/Operations analyst
– High level of familiarity with sales, operations, and strategy formulation
– Very strong communication and negotiation skills
– Business acumen and strong commercial vision
– Excellent analytical skills
– Very good organisational and interpersonal skills
– Passion for the whole range of commercial activities and for Azuri Vision
– An individual of unquestionable integrity willing to go the extra mile to deliver results consistently.
If you’re interested in working for Azuri Technologies please send us your CV and a Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.