About Azuri Technologies
Azuri Technologies Ltd is an award-winning company operating in Cambridge and Sub-Saharan Africa. We develop, manufacture and deliver a revolutionary Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) Solar Power Service that transforms the lives of off-grid consumers. Currently, over 150,000 off-grid rural households rely on Azuri solar home systems and are experiencing the economic, social, and health benefits that access to clean, reliable electricity offers.
Our product and technology solutions extend from solar charging, high-efficiency lighting, low energy appliances and smartphone-based field tools, through to end-to-end network solutions, mobile communications and payment processing, backend server infrastructure and cloud-based analytical tools which support delivery of the Pay-As-You-Go service.
With a total market of 600 million in Sub-Saharan Africa, the strategic expansion of our product range beyond lighting and mobile phone charging, coupled with the growth of the business is creating new opportunities within our team in Cambridge. This includes a new Product Manager role focused on bringing to market the next generation of high quality, energy efficient appliances for use with our Solar Home Systems including Radios, TVs, Irrigation Pumps, Torches, Fans, etc.
After having established a Regional office in Nairobi, Kenya we are in the process of growing our business in Zambia, building on the existing partnership with a Key distributor and resource.
Head of Distribution Delivery
Reporting to: GM East Africa
Location: Based in Lusaka with frequent travel in Zambia
Azuri Technologies Ltd. headquartered in the United Kingdom is a leading provider of PayGo solar power systems for rural off-grid customers. Azuri has operations in 5 countries in sub-Saharan Africa deploying small home lighting systems to rural users. The PayGo business model transforms the affordability of entry-level power for our customers and adoption is growing rapidly.
Azuri is now actively developing products that move up the ‘energy escalator’ starting with PayGo TV using solar, combined with satellite/Digital TV equipment and content packages. To date, the company delivered more than 150,000 pay as you go solar power systems and is continuing to grow aggressively.
Roles and responsibilities
The Country Manager – Zambia will have some P&L delivery targets and drive the growth of our products via a variety of models including working with our existing partner for financing/distribution as well as in parallel executing on external financing opportunities. The Manager should be able to optimise the ecosystem for financing, distribution management and last mile delivery.
Key responsibilities include:
– Partner Management – develop and sustain a strong relationship with local financing/distribution partner including supporting them in stock rollout as well as growing business with them
– Resource Management – build and manage a strong country team consisting of Regional Managers responsible for driving the performance of commission based sales agents. Implement a KPI based reward system. Supervise the Partner resource for call centre and logistics management. Drive training programmes as necessary
– Distribution Management – Implement cost efficient sale and marketing strategies to grow revenues in Tanzania taking into account competitor pricing.
– Expansion of regions – As well as optimised resource and sales growth in existing regions, put in place a concrete plan for expansion into other regions in line with the financing available
– New products – Drive partnerships with the necessary Ecosystem players to introduce new products in the market and execute other partnerships put in place by the Regional office
– Financing – Assist in executing the financing options for the product including with the existing partner, Azuri Direct and external financiers. Find grant funding opportunities and put in place the necessary applications. Drive on ground Due Diligence with potential financiers.
– University Degree qualification, MBA could be an advantage
– 10+ years work experience in sales/marketing, programme/project management
– Energetic and dynamic individual who is able to think strategically, yet hands-on
– Keen desire to make a difference to off-grid households in Africa
– Knowledge of Zambian local market an advantage
– Target driven, self-motivated and good with numbers
– Well organised, attention to detail, leader and motivator
– Good at relationship management
If you’re interested in working for Azuri Technologies please send us your CV and a Covering Letter to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.