Regional Brand & Marketing Manager
Reporting to: GM East Africa / CEO
Azuri Technologies Ltd. headquartered in the United Kingdom, is a leading provider of PayGo solar power systems for rural off-grid customers. Azuri has operations in 5 countries in sub-Saharan Africa deploying small home lighting systems to rural users. The PayGo business model transforms the affordability of entry-level power for our customers and adoption is growing rapidly.
Azuri is now actively developing products that move up the ‘energy escalator’ starting with PayGo TV using solar, combined with satellite/Digital TV equipment and content packages. To date, the company delivered more than 150,000 pay as you go solar power systems and is continuing to grow aggressively.
Roles and Responsibilities
The role of the Brand and Marketing manager is to work with the Senior team to develop and implement Azuri’s unique Brand and Marketing Strategy. Our objective is to take a differentiated approach in promoting our brand and values to our customers and corporate stakeholders in a cost effective and partnership based model. Key responsibilities include:
- Regional brand and marketing strategy – work with the Senior team to develop our unique brand and marketing strategy including our values that is appropriate to the local markets
- ATL/BTL plan – work with the country managers to develop our marketing plans and budgets to ensure Azuri visbility in the market in relation to competition including our and our partners’ shop/agent/customer branding
- Balance of Azuri brand vs partner brands – Strike the right balance between the Azuri brand by on one hand leveraging our partners’ (including distributors) local knowledge and brand presence and on the other hand pushing the Azuri brand
- Partnerships – Strike the right community based partnerships to promote our brand and help grow sales
- Corporate marketing – draft press releases and promote our visibility via smart PR contacts including media interviews, op-Ed articles etc
- Marketing material – Liaise with HQ in designing branding material, creating material as needed and managing the outsourcing of graphical content where appropriate
- Social Media presence – work with the relevant experts to establish a leading social media presence in our industry
- Competitor benchmarking – Monitor competitive activities and react as necessary
- 5+ years previous experience in PR and marketing, with a high degree of personal ownership for a brand, product or sector
- Proven track record of success in PR, market development
- Dynamic, energetic outgoing personality with an eye for detail
- Creative thinker
- Results driven completer-finisher
- Excellent planner, able to create and execute the local marketing strategy
- Existing network with media would be an advantage
- Ideally experience of B2C, service oriented markets such as telecoms/banking
If you’re interested in working for Azuri Technologies please send us your CV and a Covering Letter to email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.